Add Extras Photos to Your Profile for Free
What Are Extras Photos?
Background actors can have two Extras Photos on their Casting Networks profile for free, one close-up headshot and one 3/4 shot (from head to knees). And now you can email them directly to us.
When Extras Casting Directors evaluate actors for background work, they want to see exactly what each actor looks like in real life, which is why Extras Photos need to be completely natural.
How to Take Your Own Extras Photos
In order for us to add Extras Photos to your profile, please make sure you follow these guidelines:
- Use the highest quality settings for color photos on your camera
- Take photos with a clean, white background and proper lighting
- Avoid direct sunlight and windows behind or next to you
- Make sure to keep your pose and smile completely natural
- Pull you hair forward to show the full length
- No hats, sunglasses, costumes, bulky clothing or nudity
- One close-up headshot and one 3/4 shot (from head to knees)
Extras Photos file requirements:
- 600 pixels wide x 600 pixels tall
- Between 250kb and 4MB in size
- JPG files only
If you need help determining the size of your photos, watch this video for Mac or this video for PC.
How to Get Extras Photos on Your Profile
When you have your Extras Photos ready, just follow these simple steps:
* If you have multiple profiles, please make sure you send us the username(s) of the exact profile(s) where you want the Extras Photos added.